Friday, January 27, 2012

HOW GREEN ARE YOU?

Hi, I don’t know much about environmentally friendly practices; neither have I known places where the people learn about this topic.

However, in the university there are several environmental organizations. Some work the problem of homeless animal, the care of green areas or some that work the recycling topics. Particularly in the “Campus Juan Gomez Millas” there are many groups that work this topic. These organizations are coordinated in a place called “JGM Verde”. They did a project that consisted in install in different places of campus three dumps into a metal structure. Each dump has a different color for recycling: red, green and yellow.

About my practices, usually I do not recycle, but I have tried. Through the year collect many photocopies in my room and I have sought a place to recycle but I have had a couple of problems. The photocopies are very heavy and I do not move, and I don’t know how to carry them.

I like cycling. Usually I use the bicycle for moving in the city and I like walk. But, I did not join to some eco-organisations, because I do not have time and I am not interested in this topic. I would like cycling more and I can recycle my photocopies. Also would like to learn more things about this topic, for example which things can be recycling easily.

I don’t know how reduce the carbon footprint, but I would like to learn about it, because to care the environment is very important for the society.

No comments:

Post a Comment