Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The last book

The last book I read was "the mountain is more than a vast green steppe". This book was written for Omar Cabezas. He was a student of the Autonomous University of Nicaragua in the decade of the 60 and he was student leader of the “Frente de Estudiantes Revolucionarios, FER”. This organization belonged to the “Frente Sandinista de Liberación Nacional, FSLN” which fought to overthrow the Somoza dictatorship.

I like this book because tells a part the story of the Revolution in Nicaragua. The author tells his experiences in the “guerrilla” in the city, in the field, in the mountain. Related who he joined the FSLN, his feeling, showing the importancie of compromise with a proyect that seek change the society.

Is a small books that teaches since from everyday life, and forces who reads it to think abouts his own life.

This book I seek during one years in all place where sold books. One day I was walking for a “Galpón” of “Persa Bío-bío” and see the book in the distance in a shlef. I go immediately, I take and ask for the price. Whitout releasing of hand I am lookin for a books. Finally, I bought two books.

No comments:

Post a Comment